Friday, April 24, 2009

RSS feed for style guide & glossary

I am a bit frustrated with the web interface I use to create this blog. I have to be careful how to enter material scheduled to be published on some future date, lest it go online immediately. And if I resubmit such items, each of them goes through on the RSS feed, which is at best an inconvenience and at worst an embarrassment.

On a more positive note, I have figured out how to set up a spreadsheet at Google Docs in order to publish Petite Planete's style guide and glossary on line. If you are interested, click here.

The best part about it, however, is the RSS feed, which essentially publishes each item as it is entered. Over the next few days, I will be adding the backlog of entries, so quite a lot should be coming through, and by the middle of next week things should be trickling in as they come.

This option is a very interesting new way to both share such information with colleagues and demonstrate online to the general public (specifically, potential and current customers) how knowledgeable you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment